A few things about Nubia

My photo
I am a young, vibrant, African American single mother of two beautiful, bright kids (and i'm not saying that because they are mine). We are from New England and recently moved below the Mason-Dixon Line to VA, in order to escape the beastly Northeast winters. Allow me to give you some insight on this blog and how it came to pass. My personality is upbeat & friendly, a definite extrovert. I am a social butterfly, I enjoy spending time with other people (could be because I am an only child? I doubt it). I actually enjoy spending time with others, entertaining my friends and trying out new places to eat and grabbing a drink. I have a insatiable passion for travel and the expertise of meeting and event planning. After spending much time thinking about my next steps, I decided to get back to blogging and start consulting. Why not do what I love! Right? Well, here I am and I am pleased you are hear reading over my adventures.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Keeping it Simple...

It's been a while and I know I’ve been slacking on keeping up with my blog. It's always in the back of my mind to get online and update my page but then something else comes up and it gets pushed aside. Well, it's has been a LONG few weeks! So much has happened in such a short time. Friendships lost, relationships severed, and some new gained. Back to work and even picked up a second gig. There were moments were I truly wondered "Why? What is going on and what can I do to change it." However, after many nights lying in bed wondering, I realized that it is what it is and there was no need to continue to fret over things that were causing me to lose sleep.

I watched service last Sunday on www.streamingfaith.com and the Bishop discussed Hebrews 11:1 By Faith which begins with; "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." What this means is that Faith is the substance of things we hope for and the evidence of things unseen… Some of the key points that I took from the sermon were:
  •  It isn’t until you start cleaning up some things in your life, when you start noticing what shouldn’t be there.
  •  “We walk by Faith and not by sight”
  •  God will manifest all the good things to you; however, he will reveal things that will make you think as well.
  •  “Don’t stop short of hearing the word of God at Church and not implementing that word in our lives. “
  •  You MUST have Faith in GOD!
After hearing the word and taking a moment to reflect on what the Bishop had just said and how it pertained to me and my life, I realize that I was starting to become depressed and there were cracks in my foundation with God. This meant that my Faith at the time was not as strong as it were before which made room for the Devil to come in and start stirring up stuff! Regardless of my trials and tribulations, my Faith in God and my self worth should NEVER fall short! It is only by his grace and mercy that I am a strong woman, mother, and friend. I am not flawless or faultless, however, I am flawed and at fault at times. I forgive, I forget, I let go and I hold on. It all depends on how it is received and perceived that the outcome becomes what it is.

Even after letting go and reclaiming my worth. My best friend tells me to watch a video which she posted of Iyanla Vanzant speaking. She spoke of her falling into a depression and how her good friend comes and takes her to see the Dalai Lama speak. This was 20 years ago and what he had said to her still resonates to this day! After I watched it, I smiled and the only words that left my lips were, I'm keeping it simple! Please take a moment to watch the video below and you'll understand...

Peace & Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak ya mind...