A few things about Nubia

My photo
I am a young, vibrant, African American single mother of two beautiful, bright kids (and i'm not saying that because they are mine). We are from New England and recently moved below the Mason-Dixon Line to VA, in order to escape the beastly Northeast winters. Allow me to give you some insight on this blog and how it came to pass. My personality is upbeat & friendly, a definite extrovert. I am a social butterfly, I enjoy spending time with other people (could be because I am an only child? I doubt it). I actually enjoy spending time with others, entertaining my friends and trying out new places to eat and grabbing a drink. I have a insatiable passion for travel and the expertise of meeting and event planning. After spending much time thinking about my next steps, I decided to get back to blogging and start consulting. Why not do what I love! Right? Well, here I am and I am pleased you are hear reading over my adventures.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Road Trip con't...

OK, so I left off complaining about how boring it is traveling to Alabama.. We finally get there, drop off the kids and head 3 more hours to Atlanta. It's been approximately 4 years or so since I've last been to the A. I must say, it's just as beautiful as I remember it. We visited Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's birth home, Ebenezer Church where MLK Sr. & Jr. preached, the Georgia Aquarium, Piedmont Park, Lil 5 Points, Centennial Park and Atlantic Station. All of these places are MUST see attractions.
Georgia Aquarium

The Georgia Aquarium was amazing! I love how every attraction is interactive, the dome (seen in the pic below) gives you a feeling of being under water while all the sharks, fish, etc are surrounding. There are petting areas where you can pet small sharks and sting rays. There is a wonderful dolphin show and if you have the funds to swim and feed the sharks and whales, your able to do that as well.

Piedmont Park


The south is so beautiful... Atlanta did a wonderful job remodeling Piedmont Park (better known as the "gay" park) There are volleyball courts, baseball diamonds,  tennis courts, a swimming pool, and plenty of space to take a nice stroll, ride your bike, roller blade, picnic or just sit by the water. We also visited Ludacris restaurant called Straits located in Midtown. This restaurant was cute, the food was decent. The red head in bed martini (Kettle One Citron, Muddled Strawberries, Riesling and a splash of Sweet and Sour mix) was um mm GOOD! Surprisingly enough, the asparagus was my favorite! Pricey but delicious! Another spot was Gladys Knight Chicken and Waffles. This place had a line down the street before the doors even opened! They don't serve any alcohol but offer up great southern dishes like the famous Midnight Train which is the classic waffle and fried jumbo chicken wings. I had the midnight train with a side of cheese grits and sweet tea... YUMMY!

I was able to spend time with some good people, do a little bit of shopping, eat good food and enjoy the beauty that Atlanta has to offer. Once the weekend was over, it was time to head back to Alabama to get the kiddies. Another 15 hour ride back home... Uggh! We decided to take a different route and go back through Atlanta, then to South Carolina to North Carolina then to Virginia. That was a better trip! We decided to surprise my Dad and Step mom once we were in NC. That was a pleasant trip and made my pops so very happy! Fortunately for me, we didn't kill one another on the journey, it was a LONG ass trip but  overall the trip was a success!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak ya mind...