A few things about Nubia

My photo
I am a young, vibrant, African American single mother of two beautiful, bright kids (and i'm not saying that because they are mine). We are from New England and recently moved below the Mason-Dixon Line to VA, in order to escape the beastly Northeast winters. Allow me to give you some insight on this blog and how it came to pass. My personality is upbeat & friendly, a definite extrovert. I am a social butterfly, I enjoy spending time with other people (could be because I am an only child? I doubt it). I actually enjoy spending time with others, entertaining my friends and trying out new places to eat and grabbing a drink. I have a insatiable passion for travel and the expertise of meeting and event planning. After spending much time thinking about my next steps, I decided to get back to blogging and start consulting. Why not do what I love! Right? Well, here I am and I am pleased you are hear reading over my adventures.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Blog??? Are you serious?...

Blogging huh? Never would I have thought that I would be sitting in my living room, computer in my lap, blogging about anything and everything. I never claimed to be the writer, nor did I think that I would have so much to say about any and every little thing. From my understanding, there is no right or wrong way to blog. So, with that information I will write...


We are 9 days into the New Year and I have a lot on my plate. First things first: Goals! Got em', wrote them out and looking forward to putting them in fruition. I'm not speaking of resolutions and things that I vow I won't do again like smoking, drinking, hooking up with that chic. Naw, I'm speaking of realistic goals. Starting a savings account that will actually mature, taking a class in the fall, creating a exercise regiment (that I actually plan on sticking with).  Yup, I did it and I'm excited to be able to say that I have started working on my list. Truth be told, I am lucky and grateful to have some amazing women and men in my life that I call friends.


Best believe I don't have many that take the title, but the ones I do have are show improved! Grade A baby! Without support from the people or person in your life, what else is there? I'm a hard ass at times (most times) but beneath the " I got this" exterior, there is a fragile woman who yearns for the acceptance and advocacy of my peers (don't get it twisted... Only a few). So, with that said I want to say thank you to a few old and new friends in my world (AB, ML, MC, LJ) and no I didn't forget anyone...lol

O.k., O.k... I had to edit this a little.In all reality, every person that has crossed my path has taught me something and I appreciate each and every one of you!

Thank you ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak ya mind...