A few things about Nubia

My photo
I am a young, vibrant, African American single mother of two beautiful, bright kids (and i'm not saying that because they are mine). We are from New England and recently moved below the Mason-Dixon Line to VA, in order to escape the beastly Northeast winters. Allow me to give you some insight on this blog and how it came to pass. My personality is upbeat & friendly, a definite extrovert. I am a social butterfly, I enjoy spending time with other people (could be because I am an only child? I doubt it). I actually enjoy spending time with others, entertaining my friends and trying out new places to eat and grabbing a drink. I have a insatiable passion for travel and the expertise of meeting and event planning. After spending much time thinking about my next steps, I decided to get back to blogging and start consulting. Why not do what I love! Right? Well, here I am and I am pleased you are hear reading over my adventures.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Nobody Greater...

I'm driving on my way home from work today, listening to Praise 104.1 and Vashawn Mitchell's song "Nobody Greater" comes on the radio.  I am sitting in traffic focused on the fact that I wasn't going anywhere but in that moment when most of us would be cursing, a smile comes across my face. Listening to the words "Searched all over, couldn't find nobody... Searched high and low, still couldn't find nobody... Nobody greater, Nobody greater, Nobody Greater than you!" Man, can I tell you I was giving praise in the car. This song says so much to me because for so many years, I longed for a relationship with the Lord and didn't not know where to turn.

I confided in the woman I was dating at the time about my desire to be closer to God. She took me to church, she taught me about God and his graces, she answered questions and if she couldn't answer them, she help to get the answers. With that support and love, I found a church home and started on a journey to be a better woman. It brings joy to my heart and tears to my eyes when I think about where I am now and where I've been. I have made a lot of bad choices in life but God continues to be good to me and my children. I've been blessed beyond measure and it makes me so happy to have a testimony!

Let's get back to me sitting in the car, praising and singing about the Lord... So, the song goes off and something tells me to change the station. Glad I did because BeBe and CeCe Winans "Close to you" was on!Oh My Goodness... If you haven't heard this song, please go to google and pull it up! These particular lyrics speak volumes... "Patient and strong, always, no matter what i face you've been there to see me through. just right (right on) on time, it took a while to see that your love was true." God is an awesome God and it may have taken a while for me to be able to truly understand and speak those word but hear what I say... GOD IS GOOD! Do not waste time harboring negativity, smile more, call someone who may be on your mind to say hello, do a good deed. Try not to just exist in this world, have a purpose.

Peace, Love and Many Blessings


Mood: Loved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak ya mind...