A few things about Nubia

My photo
I am a young, vibrant, African American single mother of two beautiful, bright kids (and i'm not saying that because they are mine). We are from New England and recently moved below the Mason-Dixon Line to VA, in order to escape the beastly Northeast winters. Allow me to give you some insight on this blog and how it came to pass. My personality is upbeat & friendly, a definite extrovert. I am a social butterfly, I enjoy spending time with other people (could be because I am an only child? I doubt it). I actually enjoy spending time with others, entertaining my friends and trying out new places to eat and grabbing a drink. I have a insatiable passion for travel and the expertise of meeting and event planning. After spending much time thinking about my next steps, I decided to get back to blogging and start consulting. Why not do what I love! Right? Well, here I am and I am pleased you are hear reading over my adventures.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Pe-Eww... HELP!

Some of you may frown, others will think i'm a mess and few will sympathize with me, either way here we go...

In my quest to eat healthier foods, up my fiber and lower my calorie intake I  notice I am now gassy and bloated! Yea, I know... T.M.I but don't act like you don't toot! The point is, I need HELP! How the heck am I supposed to eat healthy if everything healthy gives me gas! I went online in search of the types of foods that cause bloating and gas and according to  Everyday Health here are specific foods that cause gas:
  • Milk and dairy products
  • Starchy foods like potatoes and pasta
  • Wheat and oat bran
  • Foods sweetened with artificial sweeteners, such as soda, gum, and hard candy
  • Bananas, peaches, apricots, pears, and raw apples
  • Raisins and melons
  • Prunes and prune juice
  • Colas and fruit drinks sweetened with fructose
  • Beans and lentils
  • Onions, green peppers, shallots, and scallions
  • Cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and peas
  • Corn, celery, artichokes, asparagus, and carrots

WTH!!!!!!! That's everything in the damn kitchen! So what is a sista supposed to do? Because being bloated and having gas IS NOT CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak ya mind...