A few things about Nubia

My photo
I am a young, vibrant, African American single mother of two beautiful, bright kids (and i'm not saying that because they are mine). We are from New England and recently moved below the Mason-Dixon Line to VA, in order to escape the beastly Northeast winters. Allow me to give you some insight on this blog and how it came to pass. My personality is upbeat & friendly, a definite extrovert. I am a social butterfly, I enjoy spending time with other people (could be because I am an only child? I doubt it). I actually enjoy spending time with others, entertaining my friends and trying out new places to eat and grabbing a drink. I have a insatiable passion for travel and the expertise of meeting and event planning. After spending much time thinking about my next steps, I decided to get back to blogging and start consulting. Why not do what I love! Right? Well, here I am and I am pleased you are hear reading over my adventures.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

"Manifestation of the Gospel"

I'm lying in bed watching Sunday service through www.streamingfaith.com and Bishop Perry starts to preach the sermon, "Manifestation of the Gospel". He begins with saying that the word of God is not just words, however that the Bible is written text of living words that are sharper than any two edge sword. They are living words, stories that have happened and will happen.

The manifestation of the gospel lead to three things...

1: Presentation of his mercy. Psalm 103; speaks of how God forgives and loves us unconditionally despite our sins. So, tell me... Why is it so difficult for you to forgive your fellow man/woman for their mistakes??? We should look deep into ourselves and find forgiveness.

2: Provocation of holy living 1Peter (1:13-5:11), "Do not conform to the evil desires you had when you live in ignorance". Change your life, do better, be self-controlled, and love sincerely from your heart. It's that simple! Living holy (depending on your interpretation) means positive change.

3. Proclamation of his return 1 Thessalonians 4:13 The coming of the Lord I don't think there is much to say about this... Read the scripture.

I wrote about this particular sermon because it pertains to all of us. Live, Love, Laugh...Let go, Let God. I can testify to that! Peace & Blessings.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak ya mind...