A few things about Nubia

My photo
I am a young, vibrant, African American single mother of two beautiful, bright kids (and i'm not saying that because they are mine). We are from New England and recently moved below the Mason-Dixon Line to VA, in order to escape the beastly Northeast winters. Allow me to give you some insight on this blog and how it came to pass. My personality is upbeat & friendly, a definite extrovert. I am a social butterfly, I enjoy spending time with other people (could be because I am an only child? I doubt it). I actually enjoy spending time with others, entertaining my friends and trying out new places to eat and grabbing a drink. I have a insatiable passion for travel and the expertise of meeting and event planning. After spending much time thinking about my next steps, I decided to get back to blogging and start consulting. Why not do what I love! Right? Well, here I am and I am pleased you are hear reading over my adventures.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Untiled

I can't breathe sense of loneliness consumes me
fulfilling every alcove of my being
Perplexed, Bereaved, Ominous
Should I continue...
Tranquil, Complacent, Promised
Deep breaths, cleansing my soul.
Introduction not needed
for I have found a sense of worth,
purpose and contentment.
As I take a moment to reflect,
Where did I lose you?
how did I lose you and why?
Step back, analyze this...
Realizing I never really lost you
I tucked you away to care for others
what I lost wasn't a being but a sense of self-worth.
Feelings of abandonment take over,
wondering why she was never cherished
relinquished, renounced, mislead...
Awe Shit!
Here we go again...
Reassured, Exhilarate, Restored
Admiration in her eyes...
Love, Sadness, Hope. 
Your worst enemy is yourself....
~Nubia 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak ya mind...